Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Crunch Blog 2 - The Sequel

So today, Sufjan and I were talking about starting a band. I think that could be pretty cool. But I want to call our band "Crunchy Crunch and the Sufjan Bunch" and he wants to call it 'N.D. Roq' but he doesn't even know what the N.D. stands for. But I guess names really aren't the most important thing for a band. The most important thing is the music.

I jammed a bit on guitar, and I think we figured out how we want to sound. Kinda rocky, not too heavy, and with some sweet effects. Or as Sufjan said “Post-post-indie/alternative, pre-futuristic, talk-core/tech-rock!” (I don't know why, but Sufjan insisted upon the exclamation mark in the Genre description) I pointed out that there's no way that'd fit in the 'genre' column on iTunes, so maybe it'll just say Genre = Sweetness!

It could be fun, but I don't think it'd work out in the long run. For me it's all about the music. But I'm pretty sure Sufjan just wants to play coffee shops and not get famous.

- Crunch Out!

p.s. Lavender suggested that we call our band 'Delusions of Grandeur' I think that could be a pretty good name.

No comments: